Monday 2 October 2017

Cinema Paradiso (1988) - 125 min

Country: Italy
Director: Giuseppe Tornatore
Cast: Philippe Noiret, Jacques Perrin, Marco Leonardi, Agnese Nano, Antonella Attili, Pupella Maggio & Salvatore Cascio.
After 30 years, Salvatore is planning to go back to his village to attend the funeral of an old friend, Alfredo. His mother informs this bad news and from that moment onwards he starts to reminisce about his life in the village.
It won the 1989 Academy Award for best foreign language movie. The cast, the script and all other tiny aspects of this movie were just perfect. The best moments were given by the child Salvatore and his relationship with Alfredo were magical. The boy actually reminds me of myself and I saw many movies 30-50 times when I was a kid. Those memories are unforgettable to be. The ending emotionally touches my heart and the nostalgia that it gives me, I don't know how to explain it. Overall, it's a classic movie that speaks to those who love movies very much and a true lover of cinema will not miss this one for sure.
Verdict: Brilliant

No comments:

Post a Comment