Saturday 21 July 2018

Calvary (2014) - 102 min

Country: Ireland
Director: John Michael McDonagh
Cast: Brendan Gleeson, Chris O'Dowd, Kelly Reilly, Aidan Gillen & Dylan Moran.
Father James Lavelle hears a confession and In the end, the confessor tells Lavelle that coming Sunday he is going to murder Lavelle. "I'm going to kill you because you're innocent".
A  beautifully composed movie with some fine shots of landscapes which tells a one-week countdown story. You cannot even imagine this movie without Brendan Gleeson. He was so damn real and carries the whole movie in the shoulders with his amazing performance. I still remember his performance in the movie 'In Bruges' which was awesome to watch. Some people call it a dark humor and for me, it's a pure drama. The unexpected climax was ok to buy and what really pisses me off is there is an unanswered question in the movie which forces me to google it to find out the answer which I didn't get anyway. Overall, it doesn't matter whether you like solid drama or not, it's a movie you don't want to miss.
Verdict: Good

No comments:

Post a Comment